Test Drive Terms & Conditions
1. All customers wishing to take a test drive from the EV Experience Centre must reach the following criteria:. The Hirer will not be able to take the vehicle out unless they meet the criteria.
- The hirer must be between the ages of 21 and 75 years of age.
- The hirer must have held a full UK licence for more than 24 months if aged between 21 – 25 and for more than 12 months if aged between 25 – 75.
- The hirer must not have had a policy cancelled or a proposal declined, or a renewal refused by an insurer.
- The hirer must not have been involved in 2 or more accidents in the preceding 3 years.
- The hirer must not have been involved in one accident in the preceding 3 years if the costs exceeded £5,000.
- The hirer must not have received any major convictions in the last 5 years.
- If aged between between 21 – 25 the hirer must have 0 convictions.
- If aged between 25 – 75 the hirer must, in the last 5 years, have minor convictions which total 6 points or less.
- The hirer must not be involved or connected with the following occupations:
– Hawking or general dealers (e.g. market traders, merchants, second hand clothes dealers and the like)
– Scrap Merchants, vehicle dismantlers, or breakers.
– Professional Gambling (other than as a clerical worker)
– Professional Sport
– Entertainment Professions (including part-time)
– The armed forces of non-UK countries
– Unemployed persons
2. Upon collection of the vehicle, the hirer must provide a valid driving licence, DVLA code and 2 forms of identification, one must bear a signature, and one an address. All details of motoring convictions will be noted and a Car Rental Agreement will require completing and signing.
3. Please be aware that vehicles must be returned before 5pm Monday – Saturday and before 4pm on Sundays. When vehicles are returned to the centre, the vehicle needs to either be plugged into a charging post or parked in a Purple zone. Failure to do this could result in a parking ticket which the renter would be still be liable.
4. The hirer is liable for any speeding or parking offences obtained during the duration of their rental period.
5. The hirer will use the Rented Vehicle only for personal or routine business use, and operate the Rented Vehicle only on properly maintained roads. The Hirer will comply with all applicable laws relating to holding a valid licence to operate the vehicle. The Hirer will not sublease the Rental Vehicle or use it as a vehicle for hire.
6. The maximum mileage of the vehicle is 300 miles. If the vehicle exceeds 300 miles during the hire period there will an excess mileage charge of 25p per mile.
7. If the vehicle is returned after the rental period has expired a charge of £50 per day will be added to your account. This charge is non-refundable.
8. The Hirer will be required to provide a security deposit to Owner in the amount of £500 (“Security Deposit”) to be used in the event of loss or damage to the Rental Vehicle during the term of this Car Rental Agreement. Owner may, in lieu of collection of a security deposit, place a hold on a credit card in the same amount. In the event of damage to the Rental Vehicle, Owner will apply this Security Deposit to defray the costs of necessary repairs or replacement.
9. No smoking is permitted in the vehicles. If evidence of smoking is seen in the vehicle an excess charge of valeting will be billed to the renter.
10. The Hirer will be contacted for feedback after the test drive has been completed.