MK Promise Terms & Conditions
What is the MK Promise?
The Milton Keynes Promise is the Council’s intention to provide an overnight charging facility within a short walk of a new electric car owner’s home. The initiative is there to support anybody who would like to buy an electric car but who doesn’t have access to off-street parking to enable them to charge. The MK Promise is the Council’s way of overcoming one of barriers of electric driving for those living in terraced housing, flats or apartments.
Terms & Conditions
- The offer is open to residents of Milton Keynes
- The applicant should be in the process of purchasing or leasing an electric car.
- The offer is only available to residents who do not have access to a dedicated driveway or garage.
- Once we receive your application we will identify potential locations within walking distance of your home. For example, this could be in a communal parking area for a block of flats or alternatively situated on a street or local parking area close to your home.
- Any charge point installed as part of the MK Promise will not be reserved specifically for an individual however users should display a relevant parking permit for the area if applicable.
- If the location identified is not owned by the Council, the landowner’s written permission will be required to enable us to access the site to survey, installation and for any future maintenance activities. This must be obtained by the applicant prior to us visiting the site. This can be done by an email from the landowner to ourselves.
- Milton Keynes Council will do everything in its power to secure a suitable location however there may be times when this is not possible.
- A full survey will be required and successful surveys will be dependent upon local conditions such as proximity to electrical supply and availability of parking facilities.
- Any identified locations will also require a successful Traffic Regulation Order which may impact on the timescales for installation.
- The applicant will be kept updated on progress and the reasons for any unsuitable locations will be communicated.
- The Milton Keynes Promise scheme is subject to the discretion of Milton Keynes Council and the scheme may be withdrawn at any time.
- These Terms and Conditions were correct at point of publication: 9 August 2017.